So teach us to number our days, that we may gain a heart of wisdom. -- Psalm 90:12
It was more than a decade ago since the moving van first rolled up in front of Lovely Lane to unload a bevy of books and two weary Wilcox’s! A lot has happened since then! Gayle and I have been reminiscing with joyful hearts about the work of God here at our Church these last 11 years. The Psalmist encourages us to number our days, so here’s Lovely Lane by the numbers—(thanks to the year-end reports to the Conference!):
- 454—New members
- 24—Different staff changes
- 1595—Preschool children touched and loved by our Preschools
- 8–Times a Rainbow Covenant Church (Over $500,000 to missions total)
- 210,000—Dollars paid to replace or repair all of our 8 roofs
- 127—Youth confirmed
- 23—Mission trips by youth and adults
- 1—50th Anniversary observed
- 500,000—Mortgage dollars paid off
- 11—Straight years of Apportionments paid! (Approx. $1 million total)
Numbers do not say it all, but they do speak to what happens when a Church truly trusts in God, loves Jesus, and is empowered by the Spirit to do and be infinitely more than we could ever think or imagine!
Gayle and I feel very blessed to have been your pastors these last 11 years. We have been privileged to witness God’s work among you and we will never forget what a joy it has been to be in ministry together! We anticipate that the best is yet to come for you and look forward to hearing how your days will be numbered in the loving heart of God!