View our Illness Guidelines.
Check out our BASE BASE Calendar for days we are open or closed.
To access our COVID-19 letter, please click here.
The 2020/2021 Before and After School Enrichment (BASE) program is underway.
Due to substantial damage from the derecho, we are currently at a limited capacity until further notice.
Links to download the forms can be found below.
Registration and tuition can be mailed to:
Lovely Lane Preschool 2424 42nd St. NE, Cedar Rapids, IA 52402
Our office can be reached at: 319-393-8189.
Lovely Lane’s Before & After School Enrichment is a state licensed, non-profit program administered by a director and volunteer advisory board. Our staff provides a safe and enriching environment for Kindergarten through 5th grade students at Pierce Elementary School.
- Our location – we are located right next door to Pierce Elementary which provides us the opportunity to escort students safely to and from school during the day. It is also convenient for picking up and dropping off students.
- We provide a hot breakfast daily before school and snacks after school while staying peanut free to protect those with peanut allergies
- Enrichment activities such as special crafts or yoga, are offered in the afternoons and special activities like storytelling or movies are offered on days with early dismissals
- We provide daycare on in-service and snow days. For an additional charge, we also provide daycare for days during Thanksgiving and Spring Break, and the summer months.
- We hire staff that love to interact with children. All staff members have been fingerprinted and background checked. Our staff is trained in CPR and First Aid. All staff participate in professional growth opportunities.
- We offer flexibility. You can choose to pay for before and after school; before only; after only; or drop-in (pay per use).
- We have an outstanding reputation because of our many activities and the way we work with parents.
- BASE operates from 6:30 am to 5:45 pm
- We escort students to school at 8:40 am and pick them up again in the afternoons at 3:50 pm.
- Breakfast is served from 7:30 to 8:00 am and a healthy snack is provided immediately after school.
- In the afternoons the students are provided with opportunities to join in on enrichment activities, play games, create in our art center, read, put together puzzles and go outside (weather permitting).
- Before AND After school: $360 per month
- Before OR After school: $252 per month
- 3 Days a week Before AND After: $273 per month
- 3 Days a week Before OR After: $190 per month
- Drop-in half day: $25/day
- Drop-in full day: $45/day
- You can also choose to enroll for BASE with the vacation package. This will be $390 for before AND after or $288 for before OR after. This package includes payment of childcare for Wed. November, 25th 2020, Spring Break (March 15-19, 2021 and all full day in-service or snow days.