REGISTRATION for the 2021-2022 School Year is underway!
Download the registration form: 2021-22 BASE Registration Form
A $60 non-refundable registration fee* will need to accompany the form. You can pay online or in person with cash or check (made out to “Lovely Lane Preschool & BASE). You may also submit your registration form via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or in person. If you choose the online route, please forward your payment confirmation to the same e-mail.
*If signing up for our Summer Program (enrollment opens February 22nd and March 1st as well), you will not need to pay the registration fee twice.
Reminder: If the Cedar Rapids Community School District has a two hour delay we will open on time at 6:30AM. If they cancel school we will open at 8:00AM. In the event of weather severe enough to warrant a tow ban, we will be closed for the travel safety of our families and staff.
Please make sure you are signed up for text alerts and check your e-mail and/or our Facebook page for more real time updates.
View our Illness Guidelines.
Check out our BASE BASE Calendar for days we are open or closed.
To access our COVID-19 letter, please click here.
The 2020/2021 Before and After School Enrichment (BASE) program is underway; offering child care to children who attend Pierce Elementary School.
Due to substantial damage from the derecho, we are currently at a limited capacity until further notice.
Tuition can be paid online or mailed to:
Lovely Lane Preschool 2424 42nd St. NE, Cedar Rapids, IA 52402
Our office can be reached at: 319-393-8189.
Lovely Lane’s Before & After School Enrichment is a state licensed, non-profit program administered by a director and volunteer advisory board. Our staff provides a safe and enriching environment for Kindergarten through 5th grade students at Pierce Elementary School.
- Our location – we are located right next door to Pierce Elementary which provides us the opportunity to escort students safely to and from school during the day. It is also convenient for picking up and dropping off students.
- We provide a hot breakfast daily before school and snacks after school while staying peanut free to protect those with peanut allergies
- Enrichment activities such as special crafts or yoga, are offered in the afternoons and special activities like storytelling or movies are offered on days with early dismissals
- We provide daycare on in-service and snow days. For an additional charge, we also provide daycare for days during Thanksgiving and Spring Break, and the summer months.
- We hire staff that love to interact with children. All staff members have been fingerprinted and background checked. Our staff is trained in CPR and First Aid. All staff participate in professional growth opportunities.
- We offer flexibility. You can choose to pay for before and after school; before only; after only; or drop-in (pay per use).
- We have an outstanding reputation because of our many activities and the way we work with parents.
- BASE operates from 6:30 am to 5:45 pm
- We escort students to school at 8:40 am and pick them up again in the afternoons at 3:50 pm or 2:15pm on Fridays.
- Breakfast is served from 7:30 to 8:00 am and a healthy snack is provided immediately after school.
- In the afternoons the students are provided with opportunities to join in on enrichment activities, play games, create in our art center, read, put together puzzles and go outside (weather permitting).