God writes the gospel, not in the Bible alone, but also on trees, and in the flowers and clouds and stars. Now if I believe in God's son and remember that He became man, all creatures will appear a hundred times more beautiful to than before. Then I will properly appreciate the sun, the moon, the stars, trees, apples, as I reflect that He is Lord over all things. - Martin Luther
Lovely Lane Green Team Members:Sue Moss Shelly Turner Susan Phillips Susan Camp
Send us your ideas for making our church more GREEN. Or give us a GREEN tip that we can share with the congregation.Contact Us
Some tips and ideas to help you live GREEN.
Stuff Etc. Donations
By taking your unwanted stuff to Stuff Etc. you can prevent it from going to the landfill and support the GREEN activities of Lovely Lane. The Green Team has a non-profit account at Stuff Etc at 252 Blairs Ferry Road in Cedar Rapids. You can take items in to them at any time without an appointment. There is also no limit. Lovely Lane receives 50% of any money made on the sale of the items you donate. Items they don’t sell are donated to Goodwill. The money we earn from Stuff Etc. is used to purchase supplies and equipment that make our church more Earth-friendly, like LED lightbulbs, recycling bins, and energy-efficient building improvements.
When you take your items in tell them they are for Lovely Lane United Methodist Church. If you take our account number with you you can label your bags and leave them for processing without waiting for a clerk to look up the number for you. Our account number is #17635.
Tips for the Home
- While waiting for the shower to warm up collect the water in a bucket for use in watering your plants.
- Use your leftover water from water bottles or cooking to water plants.
- House plants help to clean the indoor air.
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator saves energy and improves your health.
- Tea bags and coffee grounds are compostable.
- Let your hair dry naturally on the weekends.
- Have a recycling container on each level of your house.
- Recycle your toilet paper tools.
- Collect the lint from your dryer to compost or put in your Yardy.