We have two different facilities on different sides of Cedar Rapids to accommodate families throughout Cedar Rapids and the surrounding areas. Lovely Lane Preschool is at Lovely Lane United Methodist Church, 2424 42nd St NE and Trinity Lane Preschool is located at St. Ludmila Catholic Church, 211 21st Ave SW.
Our preschools are state-licensed, non-profit programs administered by a director and volunteer advisory board. We provide a safe and nurturing environment for children two through four years old.
- Our preschools provide a Christian-based learning environment for children ages 2-4 years.
- We hire staff that love to interact with children! All staff members meet all of the requirements laid out by the Department of Human Services.
- Each classroom has a teacher and a teacher associate.
- Our curriculum is based on the Creative Curriculum early childhood education system.
- Our teachers prepare children for kindergarten by teaching them the importance of following directions, social interaction, and exploratory play. Instruction is individualized to meet the needs and interests of students whenever possible.
- In addition to a director who is in charge of the entire program, we also have a site-director who handles all the responsibilities at Trinity Lane.
2 year olds: Monday/Wednesday or Tuesday/Thursday 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
3 year olds: Monday/Wednesday or Tuesday/Thursday 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
3 year olds: Monday-Thursday 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
*Prices for the 2020-21 school year to be determined at the end of January. A sliding scale for tuition is available for families with qualifying income.
4 year olds: Monday-Friday 9:00 a.m. – 11:45 a.m. & 12:45 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. (free)**
**The 4 year old classrooms at Trinity Lane and Lovely Lane are part of the Voluntary Preschool program through the Cedar Rapids Community School District. Because of this, we are able to provide free preschool for these classes.
Registration for the Preschool 2020-2021 school year will begin on Monday, February 3rd for all current students.
Registration for the Preschool 2020-2021 school year will begin on Monday, February 10th for former Lovely Lane families and Lovely Lane Church families.
Registration for the Preschool 2020-2021 school year will open to the public on Monday, February 17th.
*Registration Forms will be available the end of the last week in January.
Please call Mrs. Dawn DuPont, the Lovely Lane Preschool director, or her assistant Ms. Dee at 393-8189 if you have any questions.
Every student, every year must complete the paperwork found at the link below.Download the Preschool DHS Forms