Try these Quinoa Pizza Bites – a tasty snack or light meal packed with nutrients. Quinoa is gluten free, high in protein and one of the few plant foods that contain sufficient amounts of all 9 essential amino acids. It’s high in fiber, magnesium, B vitamins, iron, potassium, calcium, phosphorus, vit. E, and other antioxidants (& a favorite of Pastor Kristina’s!).
½ c. uncooked quinoa 1 T. dried basil
1 large egg 1 t. dried oregano
½ c. chopped onion Pinch of salt
½ c. fat free shredded mozzarella Pizza sauce for dipping
1 t. minced garlic
- Cook your protein-filled quinoa! Boil quinoa and 1 c. water and cover. Once boiling, reduce heat to low, and let simmer for 15-20 mins. (until water is absorbed and quinoa is tender).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine all ingredients (except pizza sauce) in a mixing bowl until well mixed.
- Lightly spray bottom of mini-muffin tin with olive oil spray. Using a Tablespoon, scoop ~1T. into each muffin tin space; it should fill almost all of them!
- Bake for 15-20 mins. and let cool. Serve warm with pizza sauce to dip in!
- Recipe courtesy of: http://fitsuccess.blogspot.com/2013/02/healthy-snack-quinoa-pizza-bites.html
From your Lovely Lane Health & Wholeness Committee